Specialist, Import/Export Documentation Control – Level II – Dallas, TX
Specialist, Import/Export Documentation Control – Level II
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Dallas, TX
Northwest Hardwoods is the leading manufacturer of hardwood lumber in North America. A fully integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. NWH’s Sales Operations Department is looking for Import/Export Documentation Specialists to provide excellent, dependable service to our customers and help grow our business. If you are a reliable team player who demonstrates exceptional accuracy to detail and a can-do attitude, we want you on our team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as senior level specialist for import/export team members, providing customer, supplier, and international documentation support to our fast-paced import/export organization.
- Specializes in moderately complex technical and business matters.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to prepare import and export commercial documents including but limited to, Booking documents, shipping, instructions, phyto certificates, bill of ladings & proforma invoices.
- Monitors and efficiently completes paperwork and monetary transactions associated with international distribution.
- Teach and mentor junior level import/export specialists to comply with varying import/export regulations by region and by country.
- Work closely with the logistics team to secure vessel bookings and ensure on time delivery of customer orders.
- Effectively coordinate with logistics teams, third party vendors and internally based suppliers to track inbound and outbound materials.
- Review in process shipments to ascertain that proper documentation is received and complete per regulatory shipping application. Resolve problem areas
- Develop a close working relationship with managerial team, Import/Export team members, supervisors, managers, existing customers. Build rapport with customer base.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, including details on actions taken.
- Efficient and effective communication with other sales associates, customers, vendors, and various key stakeholders throughout the company.
- Support and share insight with Team Leader and Manager on international activities and performance against goals.
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures, international documentation compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is an experienced role with 3-5 years of relevant background required. High School diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- Ability to use MS Office suite and trainable on Supply Planning, Transportation and Customer Relationship Management software, Sales software.
- Logistics knowledge with experience preparing documents requiring highly accurate data entry
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision
- May be called upon to assume a team lead role for the work group.
- Analytical skills and able to resolve problems tactfully and diplomatically.
- Highly personable approach.
- Organizational skills which include management of multiple priorities, working well under pressure, reliability, and excellent attendance
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines, accurately and on time
- Learn new information quickly and apply to day-to-day operations
- Possess confident and competent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Communicate with people inside and outside the BU, representing company to the public and customers
- Ability to work closely with individuals form diverse cultures, backgrounds, and geographies
- Competent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and adapt to a changing team-based work environment
- Excellent skills with software, phones, full Microsoft Suite especially Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to take initiative on continuous improvement processes
- Willing and able to cross-train
REPORTING STRUCTURE and LOCATION:
- This position will report directly to Manager, Import / Export Documentation
- No relocation assistance available. This role will be based out of Frisco-Plano, TX
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for all Northwest Hardwoods roles in Indeed.com.