Site Maintenance Supervisor – Longview, WA
Site Maintenance Supervisor
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Longview, WA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, and molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have an immediate opening, seeking a full time, salaried Maintenance Supervisor.
Key Functions: Skill, knowledge, ability and experience for the following:
- Supervise the operation of the maintenance team, keeping all personnel safe and productive
- Supervise all planned maintenance schedules and overall maintenance of the plant site.
- Understand sawmill machine efficiency, mill flow and preventive Maintenance concepts
- Understand and support safe work practices of a production crew
- Good communication skills with the crew, other supervisors and Manager
- Interact with other supervisors, such as Maintenance, Filing and Quality Control to keep mill running efficiently. Be part of a team effort for the benefit of the business
- Be able to multi-task with all the different aspects of the facility maintenance and production needs
Requirements: An understanding of sawmill manufacturing operation with priority on working safely. Must be a strong leader, be organized and be able to multi-task with all the different aspects of leading production and maintenance personnel. Must be flexible in hours worked to assure the sawmill is ready to run for the next shift. Must be able to manage all aspects of a team of employees: scheduling, cross training, discipline and basic human resources needs. Extended hours may be required, as well as periodically working different shifts. Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible, working in a changing environment, and focus on teamwork. Priority is to keep the mill running. Knowledge and understanding of sawmill manufacturing processes, electricity, hydraulics and mechanics is a plus. Ability to use or learn basic aspects of PC based programs such as email, Word and Excel is required.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. We also have company-paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.