Senior Accountant – Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
Position Overview: The senior accountant performs a variety of activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, audit schedules and financial statement preparation. This position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be based out of our Corporate HQ located in Tacoma, Washington.
Principle Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for various transactional accounting activities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries according to month end close schedule.
- Analyze various general ledger accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Foreign currency translation and revaluation.
- Monitor and solve system issues as they relate to accounting and financial activity.
- Short-term project assignments.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience required
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and inventory accounting
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel including V-look ups, pivot tables, and other related software applications
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management to build partnerships with various departments
- Great Plains experience desired
- CPA or CPA candidate
Northwest Hardwoods provides a competitive compensation program with a profit-sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Pre-tax Health Savings Account and 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match. Company paid life insurance and short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status