Saw Filer – Longview, WA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Longview, WA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have an immediate opening, seeking a Saw Filer.
Job Description/Expectations/Key Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities for the following:
- Grind, swage, and shape band saws, round saws, and chipper knives.
- Clean, mill, and set saw guides.
- Bench band and round saws.
- Ability to tip round and band saws and pour babbit guides
- Perform maintenance on grinders, side grinders, tipper, and milling equipment
- Grind bandmills
- Line up headrigs and rotary gangs
- Troubleshoot saw issues such as lumber marking or off size lumber
- Ability to work all shifts with expectations to work odd shifts and overtime as deemed necessary by the facility leads / management team
- An understanding of sawmill manufacturing operations with a priority on working safely.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Must be willing and have the aptitude to learn all filing room tasks and change all saws and canter knives.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Practice good house keeping.
- Overtime may be required, as well as periodically working different shifts.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible, work in a changing environment, and work as part of a highly functional team.
- Knowledge and understanding of sawmill manufacturing processes, electricity, hydraulics, and mechanics.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, 9 paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.