Safety Coordinator – PA
Northern Appalachian Region
Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving furniture, cabinet, and moulding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities through out the United States. We have an immediate opening for full time Safety Coordinator servicing 2 sites in Ohio (Hamden & Loudonville) and 1 in Pennsylvania (Hopwood).
- Completes and complies with Federal, State and local environmental testing.
- Assists in employees training safety procedures as needed.
- Inspects working conditions to ensure all products and activities are compliant with safety guidelines.
- Create, maintain or revise production methods (JSA’s, SOP’s, LOTO, and other safety documentation) and employee activities that does not meet health and safety codes.
- Boiler Emission compliance.
- Participates with local level safety committees.
- Maintains EHS reporting (Radar, Near-miss, Spills, regulatory etc.).
- Maintains critical task logs (lock-out, tag outs, SDS sheets, Airborne Pathogens, etc.).
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and identify possible causes of the accident.
- Manages employee discomforts, workplace injuries, and processes workers compensation documentation.
- Works with legal department to address any health and safety-related lawsuits.
- Manages workplace noise level compliance and Audio testing.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents and related events.
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel.
- Manages workers compensation claims working with site and regional leadership.
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols.
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with the Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation (Ohio BWC)
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines for the workplace.
- Possesses knowledge of legal repercussions of workplace accidents.
- Can read and interpret federal OSHA documents.
- Demonstrates familiarity with job site machinery and products.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Works well with a team.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm and cool-headed in the event of an emergency.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidate who meets these qualifications will be considered further.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.