Office Specialist – Onalaska, WI
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding, and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States. We are in search for an energetic Office Specialist to join our organization. The position reports to the Glacial Operations Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answer Operator Phone and direct calls
- Sort and distribute mail
- General HR support (payroll, orientations, tracking vacations, etc.)
- General Accounting and Daily Reporting Support
- Data entry into lumber production database
- Manual production tracking & reconciliation in Excel
- Accounts Payable (PO’s, Receipts, coding)
- Prepare Month-end Journal Entries
- Minimal Vendor Maintenance
- Miscellaneous requests – Key distribution, tracking and surveys, Filing, Safety Support, Blocking & Cash sales, Store/Staples purchases and any other requests by managers.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma Required/Associates Degree preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with database and pivot table experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proactive in identifying issues, opportunities and needs of customers/employees.
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and on time.
- Exhibit high level of flexibility.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and perform non-routine duties with discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Player, Self-Starter, & Independent Worker
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, 8 paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.