Office Specialist – Byron Center, MI
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Byron Center, MI
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding, and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States. We are in search for an energetic Office Specialist to join our organization. The position reports to the Operational Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answer and screen calls. Greeting visitors and providing safety orientation when necessary
- Sort and distribute mail
- General HR support (payroll, orientations, tracking vacations, and related functions)
- General Accounting and Daily Reporting Support
- Data entry into lumber production database (work orders, green lumber, inventory adjustments)
- Manual production tracking & reconciliation in Excel
- Accounts Payable (PO’s, Receipts, Payments)
- Prepare Month-end Journal Entries
- Minimal Vendor Maintenance
- Reporting and inventory reconciliation
- Processing POs and Invoices
- Work closely with site Management, Admin & Finance Teams to ensure site needs are being met.
- Miscellaneous requests – Key distribution, tracking and surveys, filing, office supply purchases and other requests & duties assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma Required/Associates Degree preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with database and pivot table experience a plus.
- Knowledge of LumberTrack, Great Plains, NOVAtime and UltiPro is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proactive in identifying issues, opportunities and needs of customers/employees.
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exhibit high level of flexibility. Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and timely.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and perform non-routine duties with discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team Player and Self-Starter.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, 8 paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.