Millwright – Longview, WA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Longview, WA
Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving furniture, cabinet, and molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have immediate openings for a full time Millwright.
Key Functions: The candidate will be able to perform normal repairs, replacements and enhancements of all manufacturing operational equipment, site facilities and mobile equipment. Possess strong analytical skills, ability to diagnose potential problems to prevent downtime situations. Will need to document procedures, downtime, resolutions, and complete associated reports. Maintain preventative maintenance schedules. Perform daily boiler operations and maintenance. Have the basic skills and mechanical abilities, read electrical diagrams, be able to use hand and power tools, welding/cutting, work on mobile equipment’s, hydraulics and pneumatics. Have a basic understanding of the machine manuals.
- Work as part of the maintenance team to correct and enhance plant operations for the continued success of Northwest Hardwoods.
- Fabrications – Capable of fabricating from drawings and sketches for rebuilding of existing parts.
- Must follow all established safety policies. Must have good safety record and a positive, can do attitude.
- Willing to continually improve skills through various offered educational opportunities.
- Willing to ask questions if there is a lack of understanding.
- Must be able to work any shift — overtime, weekends, holidays as required and in all conditions.
- Have a basic understanding of electricity, hydraulics, and small hand tools.
- Capable of doing required documentation legibly e.g. down time reports.
- Able to work as a team, get along with team members; give and take advice and criticism from other team members; good team attitude.
- Have a strong desire, dedication and determination to succeed
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit share plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, 8 paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidate who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest for consideration to email@example.com .
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.