Lumber Puller – Byron Center, MI
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Byron Center, MI
Northwest Hardwoods is a world class, Integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding, and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge. This is a full-time opportunity working for a world class hardwood lumber manufacturer.
- Handling, sorting, and stacking sanded lumber by dimension, species and grade.
- Ensure lumber is placed accurately and neatly into the appropriate cart.
- Working in open warehouses and keeping work areas safe and clean.
- Must be safety conscious, have a positive attitude and work well in a team
- Must have excellent attendance
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Work at a fast pace and be detail oriented.
- Pre-employment drug-screen & background check required.
- Candidates must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Always requires personal protective equipment be worn.
- Cross training in other positions.
Candidate who meet these qualifications will be considered further. To apply please submit your resume and letter of for consideration.
This is a good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more. If you are someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education this job may be a good fit for you.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a competitive compensation program with a profit-sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Pre-tax Health Savings Account and 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match. Company paid life insurance and short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Program.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.