Logistics Specialist – Dailey, WV
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Dailey, WV
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industry market segment worldwide. We are searching for a Transportation Professional who is a team player, enjoys a challenge, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Load tendering and negotiating domestic freight
- Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work closely with individuals form diverse cultures, backgrounds, and geographies
- Other duties as assigned.
Domestic Transportation Requirements:
- Job duties will include procurement of rates and carriers
- Tendering full truck load and occasional less than truck load (LTL) shipments
- Shipment tracking
- Following up with carriers and customers
- Freight reconciliation with Accounts Payable.
Other Key Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and adapt to a changing team-based work environment.
- Comfort with phones, Microsoft Suite, learning job-related software.
- Organizational skills which include management of multiple priorities, working well under pressure, learning in a changing environment, attention to detail and excellent attendance.
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and on time.
Required Education and experience
- High School Diploma (required).
- This is an entry level office role. Prefer 1-2 years experience with customer service and customer relations. Must be personable and enjoy building relationships.
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical, vision and dental health care coverage, short and long term disability, paid vacation/holidays, mileage reimbursement and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan. No relocation available.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.