Logistics Specialist – International Transportation – Tacoma, WA
Logistics Specialist – International Transportation
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods is the leading manufacture of hardwood lumber in North America. A fully integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We seek a Logistics Specialist – International Transportation to provide excellent service to our customers and help grow our business. If you are a reliable team player who demonstrates exceptional accuracy to detail and a can-do attitude, we want you on our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange vessel bookings and drayage (trucking) for export container loads.
- Determine best methods for domestic and international shipping to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with third party logistics providers on equipment availability and routing, including various modes of transportation: ships, trains, trucks.
- Research and resolve operational issues in a timely manner
- Support commercial organization with relevant information such as ocean and drayage rates
- Build positive relationships and communicate effectively with vendors and key internal stakeholders. Highly personable approach
- Ability to work closely with individuals form diverse cultures, backgrounds, and geographies
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- High attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and adapt to a changing team-based work environment
- Comfort with software, phones, full Microsoft Suite especially Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Organizational skills which include management of multiple priorities, working well under pressure, reliability, and excellent attendance
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines, accurately and on time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new information quickly and apply to day-to-day operations
- HS Diploma and 1-2 years of experience in supply chain, transportation, or logistics required. Bachelors degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or Supply Chain with one year relevant experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of ERP and TMS – highly desired
Reporting Structure & Location
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further. This job is based out of Tacoma, WA. No relocation available.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest or cover letter for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time