Log & Timber Procurement Manager – Northern WA
Log & Timber Procurement Manager
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Northern Washington
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, and molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have an immediate opening, seeking a full time Forester to support our Oregon and Washington locations.
Overall implementation of Northwest Hardwoods log and timber sale acquisition program to augment the log purchasing program supplying raw materials to our sawmills in Washington. This position will report to Western Regional Raw Materials Manager.
The successful candidate will focus on identifying more timber and log acquisition opportunities for log supply to the sawmills in Washington. The position will require traveling Northern Washington, Olympic Peninsula, British Columbia, Canada as well as various NWH locations. The position will also include a review of land cover types and ownership status of forest land of interest, usually with significant hardwood supply potential. The position will make use of current technology (air photos) to identify tracts that warrant on the ground inspection and owner contact and log or timber purchasing. The position will be located in the Northern Washington area with easy daily access to LaConner and Everett. This position will be work from home, with travel required as stated above.
- Two-year Forestry Degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5 years of experience in the Pacific Northwest procuring or marketing logs and timber is preferred
- Strong knowledge of log and lumber grades
- Knowledge of bucking practices for hardwood and conifer
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office with working knowledge of timber cruising tools
- Excellent analytical skills
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Knowledge of timber harvest systems
- Ability to work safely
- Strong skills in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships
- Personal, team and contractor safety compliance are required
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to:
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.