Log Buyer – Dorchester, WI
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Dorchester, WI
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States.
Key Functions: As a member of the Wisconsin Operations procurement staff supplying logs to our Dorchester sawmill. Reporting directly to the Procurement manager, you will:
- purchase logs within strategic guidelines
- help maintain target inventories
- manage and promote positive supplier relationships
- You will personally promote and encourage a safe working environment for yourself, your fellow employees, your suppliers and contractors.
- Forestry or Associate Forestry degree with at least 3 years of practical log procurement experience preferred or equivalent employment experience desired.
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work a long, flexible schedule mostly outdoors.
- Capable of working both in a team environment and alone with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong commitment to personal, team, and supplier/contractor safety.
- Strong skills in problem solving, ability to work through conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships.
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long-term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications should submit resumes to [email protected] for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities