Log Accounting Clerk – Centralia, WA
Log Accounting Clerk
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Centralia, WA
General Information: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have an immediate opening, seeking a full-time Log Accounting Clerk.
- Setup and maintain log purchase contracts in the log accounting system.
- Import batch data into the log accounting system as loads are received.
- Reconcile load tickets with data imports.
- Process log purchases Accounts Payable.
- Send tickets and statements to log suppliers.
- Process log inventory transactions (e.g. consumption, transfers, sales, adjustments).
- Track estimated and actual log hauling costs for some scenarios.
- Create weekly and month end reports for management.
- Provide backup/coverage for other office administrative positions within the team.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Experience in log accounting management systems or equivalent is preferred. Microsoft Excel skills and experience with Microsoft’s Office Suite as well as other PC based programs is required.
- An understanding of sawmill manufacturing operation is preferred.
- Priority on working safely and a willingness to help others maintain a safe workplace.
- Extended hours may be required but are infrequent.
- Must have a strong work ethic through self-motivation and effective time management, operate independently but also partner with others when needed, work in a changing environment, desire to learn new things, and demonstrate customer service traits with individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to keep all records current, accurate and organized.
- Knowledge and understanding of log yard and trucking processes is preferred.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.