IT Business Analysist – Tacoma, WA
IT Business Analysist
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
The IT Business Analyst will be a member of the IT Team and will work directly with Business Process Owners, IT SMEs, and other delivery resources to document business use cases, user requirements, test scripts, and traceability matrices to support scalable and compliant delivery of business capabilities within assigned systems.
This IT Business Analysis position focuses on end-to-end business processes of system solutions, upgrades, and enhancements. The IT Business Analyst position will create the bridge between the business and technical solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Attention to detail; strong communication skills, pro-active, good organization skills
- 3 years of experience in business analysis processes including requirements gathering, requirements documentation, process flow charts, requirements traceability, PQ testing, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel (vlookup) or reporting, PowerPoint, Visio and Project Management tools
- Desire and ability to learn new software and applications quickly
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a high pace and frequently shifting environment
- Strong decision making based on data and business benefit to determine the best investments for the future
- Epicor platform (specifically Lumber Track)
- Understanding of fundamentals of Systems Development Life Cycle and Waterfall/Agile methodologies
- Experience in supporting major system implementations/ deployment
- Collaborate with Business and IT SMEs to build and analyze applicable use cases and user requirements to support daily operational business needs
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops. Perform gap analysis (as is functionality versus to be functionality)
- Document the customer journey and identify ways to improve existing customer pain points based on process optimization, technology, change management, or communication
- Deliverable: Use Cases and User Requirements analysis User Requirement Document (URD)
- Help innovate and create customer solutions that will affect organizational transformation
- Provide administrative support in the assigned workstream(s) such as incorporating feedback into documents and routing documents through controlled documentation system(s).
- Understand the project management process and contribute to tracking of individual progress
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental and vision health care coverage, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply, submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status