Manager, Import/Export Documentation – Dallas, TX
Manager, Import/Export Documentation
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Dallas, TX
Northwest Hardwoods is the leading manufacture of hardwood lumber in North America. A fully integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. NWH’s Sales Operations Department is looking for Import/Export Manager-Documentation to provide excellent service to our employees and customers to help grow our business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a key leader of the Order Management Team (OMT) to deliver world class service to our customers while driving strategic change and implementing robust international shipment objectives.
- Assume a leadership role in managing the implementation of trade documentation standards that comply with applicable local and US regulations, along with corresponding agencies and regulations outside of the United States. Assist in streamlining processes and systems to support the delivery of products, services and information internationally, externally and internally.
- Ensure required documentation is complete for all projects and regulatory applications. Monitor that required documentation result in orders that are shipped and delivered accurately, timely, and compliant: Bill of Lading, packing lists, Phytosanitary, shipping instructions, etc.
- Establish a continuous delivery compliance improvement philosophy and culture with a strong internal and external customer focus.
- Motivate and direct staff as they work, identifying and developing key talent. Manage employee cycle: Hire, onboard, train and guide CSRs toward exceptional sales support. Resolve personnel issues and lead employees’ performance management.
- Apply international background to comply with varying export/import regulations by region and by country.
- Superior communication with Import/Export Specialists, Team Leaders, sales associates, customers, vendors, carriers, and various stakeholders throughout the company.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholder teams to plan and implement short- and long-term projects that support the overall OMT improvement agenda, driving standardized business processes, efficiency gains, and personal growth opportunities for employees.
- Listen to and resolve the most important and complex issues regarding services, delivery, products, availability of carriers.
- Support and share insight with Director on international activities and performance against goals. Provide tactical and strategic support to international regions and other business segments as needed.
- Interprets and monitors adherence to corporate policies and procedures, international documentation compliance.
- Analyze, prepare data and reports to present recommendations for continuous improvement in team and documentation processes, import and export delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Operate with considerable latitude and minimal direction day-to-day and on assigned projects of increasing complexity.
- Other duties as assigned. In the process of performing all these functions, the successful candidate will act as a Mentor and trainer of Team Leaders on all aspects of the business and as a reliable Change Agent.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred with 8+ years of established international business background, Import/Export compliance or supply chain management experience, or 5+ years business management and supervisory experience.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Supply Chain, Transportation Management systems.
REPORTING STRUCTURE and LOCATION:
- This position will report directly to the Director, Order Management Team and based out of Plano, TX.
- No relocation assistance available.
COMPETENCIES and KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge in business and management principles involved in strategic planning, compliance, resource allocation, leadership, coordination of people and resources, supply chain management, sales, international shipping and trade regulations
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership qualities and manage in a fast-paced environment
- Proven history of working closely with leaders across business units to lead cross-functional projects to drive improvement and efficiency gains
- Ability to take initiative on continuous improvement processes and find creative resolutions when the unexpected arises.
- Ability to multitask and be organized. Able to observe the details and comprehensive business outlook.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills to the various stakeholders of the company, including to senior leadership.
- Communicate with people inside and outside the BU, representing NWH to the public, the government, customers. Interact and communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and peers by telephone, in writing, e-mail, or in person.
- Make decisions independently that have broad organizational impact.
- Willing and able to cross-train and act as a mentor to Team Leaders and new Import/Export Documentation employees.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as required for business and customer events
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for all Northwest Hardwoods roles at Indeed.com.