Forester/Log Buyer – Buena Vista, VA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Buena Vista, VA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving furniture, cabinet, and moulding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities through out the United States. As a member of the Virginia procurement staff you will report directly to the Virginia Resource Manager.
- Manage and promote positive supplier and landowner relationships
- Timber Cruising
- Contract Negotiations
- Timber Harvesting Coordination
- Purchase logs within strategic guidelines
- Help maintain target inventories
- You will personally promote and encourage a safe working environment for yourself, your fellow employees, your suppliers and contractors.
- Miscellaneous requests – assist in all areas as needed
- Forestry or Associate Forestry degree with at least 3 years of practical log procurement experience preferred or equivalent employment experience desired.
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work a long, flexible schedule mostly outdoors.
- Capable of working both in a team environment and alone with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to personal, team, and supplier/contractor safety.
- Strong skills in problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidate who meets these qualifications will be considered further.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.