Export Logistics Specialist – Tacoma, WA
Export Logistics Specialist
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods is the leading manufacture of hardwood lumber in North America. A fully integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. Within NWH, Supply Chain is responsible for the disciplines of Procurement, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Transportation, Warehousing and S&OP. NWH’s Supply Chain organization is looking to fill the role of Export Logistics Specialist. This role falls within the Transportation group and is responsible for the movement of product to Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete export arrangements for customers to include container arrangements, vessel bookings and drayage (trucking)
- Determines best methods for shipping to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with 3rd party logistics providers on equipment availability and routing
- Coordinate with material availability, shipping schedule and internal departments to ensure orders ship on time and comply with all export requirements
- Maintain routing guides and pricing within appropriate systems
- Tracking vessel bookings and drayage loads within TMS (Transportation Management System)
- Research and resolve operational issues in a timely manner
- Support commercial organization with relevant information such as ocean and drayage rates
- Build positive relationships and communicate effectively with both vendors and key internal stakeholders
- Manage and maintain daily and weekly reports for the export process
- Performs additional duties as needed
- One year of experience in transportation and logistics – required
- Working knowledge ERP and TMS – highly desired
- International logistics experience – desired
- Experience with BluJay TMS software- desired
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously
- With minimal supervision, can work and make decisions independently, with a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, ability to be assertive
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Detailed oriented, well organized and methodical in analysis and execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical literacy in Excel
- This position will report up through the NWH Transportation team
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit-sharing program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.