Boiler Operator/Millwright – Grand Rapids, MI
Northwest Hardwoods Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
CNC Programmer/Production Supervisor will be responsible for programming CNC router and panel saw along with overseeing the process of production to help maintain production cost at a minimum. He/she will be responsible for multiple tasks like production scheduling, monitoring of work flow, efficiency tracking and solving production-related problems.
• The boiler operator will operate the boiler by checking the silo levels & setting feed rate appropriately to keep optimal steam pressure.
• Clean and maintain wet scrubber.
• Fill out and maintain boiler logs and pressures.
• Empty the ash dumpsters by SOP standards from the scrubber.
• Have ability to work on machines and small repairs throughout the yard.
• Make rounds through the mill looking for problems and maintenance and clean up issues.
• Clean up the boiler area of all trash and banding.
• Perform fire watch for Hot Work.
• Must have good communication skills and be able to get along with fellow employees. Ability to work on a rotation of weekends and holidays.
• Have dependable transportation and able to take calls for alarm calls.
• Legal to work in the US
• A high-school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Applicants must be safety conscious, self-motivated, and willing to work as a team player.
• Willing to work in all weather conditions.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with a profit sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Pre-tax Health Savings Account and 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match. Company paid life insurance and short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status