Assistant Controller – Tacoma, WA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
Position Overview: The Assistant Controller is responsible for providing leadership to ensure all accounting department tasks are performed timely and accurately. In collaboration with the Corporate Controller, this leader will drive process improvements, implement standards, improve and document internal controls and optimize efficiencies across all areas of accounting. The Assistant Controller leads a highly capable and technical team of four accountants and the AP Manager. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and will be based out of our Corporate HQ located in Tacoma, Washington.
Principle Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead the accounting process.
- Coordinate with operational accounting team members.
- Responsible for the month end closing, including account analysis and reconciliations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the accounts payable process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with accounting guidance and best practices.
- Implement new accounting guidance, as needed.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Lead the preparation for the annual audit and coordinate with external auditors.
- Participate in special projects.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years in an accounting leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, customer focused and ability to collaborate across company functions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to focus on achieving key results.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong aptitude of financial systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus.
- CPA, with a bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Some travel required
Northwest Hardwoods provides a competitive compensation program with a profit-sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Pre-tax Health Savings Account and 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match. Company paid life insurance and short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status