Accounts Payable Specialist – Tuscumbia, AL
Accounts Payable Specialist
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Tuscumbia, AL
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding, and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States. We are in search for an energetic Accounts Payable Specialist to join our organization. This position will be hosted in our Tuscumbia, AL office and report to the AP Supervisor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process a high volume of vendor invoices timely and accurately
- Works with buyers and approvers across the organization to validate and code invoices
- Works with suppliers and vendors to obtain and validate invoices
- Responds to vendor inquiries
- Navigates vendor dispute resolution
- Monitors recurring activity in order to identify potential missing invoices
- Compile, copy, sort and file records
- May be asked to work on projects related to but outside traditional accounts payable
- 2-3 years of AP or bookkeeping experience, required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Great Plains experience, preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proactive in identifying issues, opportunities
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must have exceptional 10 key skills
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and on time.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and perform non-routine duties with discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Player and Self-Starter
Northwest Hardwoods provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply, submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status