Russian Birch, also referred to as Baltic Birch, is known for its combination of strength and visual appeal. Due to its unique construction, core layers of birch veneers form a void-free core. This construction contributes to a plywood product that holds screws exceptionally well, creates cleaner joinery, offers improved strength and stability and provides an attractive appearance when shaped and finished.
We offer Russian Birch in both appearance and industrial grades, with a full range of options.
- B/BB: Whole piece face and back veneer. Face veneers are graded clear and free of defects with a light-white uniform color. Inner cores are solid birch single piece veneers.
- BB/BB: Whole piece face and back. Tight pin knots may be present and inner cores are solid single piece veneers.
- BB/CP: Whole piece face and back. The “CP” back veneers are downgraded from “BB” grade veneers. Inner cores are solid birch single piece veneers.
- CP/CP: Whole piece face and back. The panel is sound both sides and designed for laminating.
- C/C: Grade calls for patches, open knots and small veneer splits. This panel is not sanded and is primarily used in structural applications.
- Shop Grades: Shop panels are also offered in the full 5×5 format in all grades listed above.
3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 18mm, 21mm, 25mm, 28mm, 30mm
5’x5’ / 60” x 60” – Interior CARB2 Glue
4’x8’ / 48” x 96” – Phenolic Type 1 Glue
Also – 7’x5’, 8’x5’, 10’x5’
** Interior or Exterior glue is available in any format as special order
Russian Birch Veneers