Staff Accountant – Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. The Company operates through a network of sawmills, lumber concentration and dry kiln yards, merchandising log yards, re-manufacturing plants and offices in the United States, Canada, China and Japan.
Northwest Hardwoods is seeking a staff accountant to join our team. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of the growth and excitement at NWH. We recruit strong talent that has potential to grow beyond the role initially hired and into future organizational leaders. This role consists of a variety of activities which will enable you to expand your skills and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for various transactional accounting activities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries according to month end close schedule.
- Analyze various general ledger accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Assist assigned branch locations with accounting support.
- Short-term project assignments.
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Willingness to dive deep into the assigned accounting activity to provide insights and/or solutions/recommendations.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; sense of curiosity that leads to exploration.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and assertive.
- Strong sense of confidentiality and can be trusted with sensitive data.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short and long term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, 8 paid holidays, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit sharing program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.