Demand Planning Manager
S&OP Demand Manager
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
Position Overview: The Demand Manager supports the creation of a final consensus forecast for business categories which incorporates statistical forecasts, historical trends, existing demand data, and sales forecasts. The final forecast is used as the starting point of the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process which the Demand Manager will facilitate.
- Create accurate demand plans in business categories by utilizing statistical forecasting tools, historical data, and sales projections from cross-functional partners for a business category
- Play key role in implementation of S&OP software
- Prepare and facilitate monthly cross-functional demand review meetings focused on reaching consensus on a final forecast as part of S&OP process
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast accuracy data, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to improve forecast accuracy
- Utilize a collaborative consensus approach that includes working with sales to obtain and ensure current and accurate information is used for forecasting
- Evaluate forecast accuracy and determine action plans to improve accuracy
- Use and maintain Demand Planning software as the primary demand planning tool
- Prepare reports and recommend adjustments to sales or potentially supply plans
- Perform integrated “what-if” analysis using both supply and demand plans
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ demand planning experience required
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Requires proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Experience with John Galt software a plus
- APICS certifications a plus (now ASCM)
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with a profit sharing plan. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Pre-tax Health Savings Account and 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match. Company paid life insurance and short-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.