Office Specialist – Hopwood, PA
Hopwood Sawmill & Yard Facility
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Northern Appalachian Division
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding, and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States. We are in search of an energetic Office Specialist to join our organization and regional team. The position reports to the Regional Finance & Planning Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- General Accounting and Daily Reporting Support
- Data entry into lumber production database; data & costing verification
- Log inventory & logger settlements
- Manual production tracking & reconciliation in Excel
- Data entry for outgoing shipments, inbound lumber deliveries
- Accounts Payable preparation, capital project cost/PO tracking
- Purchasing – vendor maintenance, PO entry, some order entry/tracking/follow-up
- Answer Operator Phone and direct calls. Serve as first contact for visitors to facility. Sort/distribute mail
- Future – payroll processing, employee onboarding & changes as needed
- Miscellaneous requests – Filing, Insurance certificate maintenance, safety paperwork & other requests as needed
- Work closely with site Mill Manager, Admin & Finance team to ensure site needs are being met
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma Required/Associates Degree (minimum) in Accounting/Business preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with database and pivot table experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains financial & business management software will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Proactive in identifying issues, opportunities and needs.
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to shift priorities and manage time effectively, completing a variety of work with changing deadlines accurately and on time.
- Exhibit high level of flexibility as well as eagerness to learn new skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and perform non-routine duties with discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills –
- Team Player and Self-Starter desired for our high-performance team
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc. provides a competitive benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental coverage, short and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, paid vacation, 8 paid holidays, paid personal days, 401(K) Retirement Plan with matching company contribution, and profit sharing program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: Karina.email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status