Logistics Specialist – Beaverton, OR
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Number of Openings: 1
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
Key Functions: The Logistic Specialist is responsible for the coordination of international transportation. The individual will coordinate the export process and help maintain the data flow as necessary. Additionally, this position will address claim and invoice issues.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Coordinate product exports from domestic sourcing points to overseas customer base.
- Analyze carrier and vendor performance data to identify service issues and make recommendations to deliver improvements.
- Optimize, plan and route orders to ensure efficient and timely product flow.
- Monitor equipment and carrier performance options.
- Execute prompt ERP updates on transportation activities to insure accurate and clear supply chain visibility
- Secure capacity for container traffic to multiple export lanes
- Bachelor degree in Business Admin., Supply Chain Management or related field
- Exposure to transportation logistics environment and requirements (international logistics a plus)
- Three to five years of logistics work experience specific to full load coordination from manufacturing source would be highly regarded
- Familiarity with Transportation Management software valued
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices relevant to accounts receivable/payable
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of transportation service cost structures and trends
- Comprehension of export booking documents
- Understand best practice dray and ocean carriers
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status