Log Scaler – Hopwood, PA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player with a can-do attitude who enjoys a challenge.
As a member of the Sawmill team at Northwest Hardwoods (NWH), your responsibilities will include:
- Maintains a clean, orderly work area.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time, bending, twisting, squatting, lifting up to 75 pounds, and doing repetitive movements with hands and arms
- Assist with measuring and marking of logs and entering that data into a handheld device.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor/team members to accomplish tasks.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Adheres to OSHA requirements and company policies/procedures to ensure safety always.
- Personality: Upbeat, energetic personality encouraged!
- Communications: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma/ GED preferred
- Knowledge of log grades, species and sizes
- Strong work ethic; ability to work safely and methodically
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to loud noise, dust and working in outside elements.
Preferred: 3-5 years’ experience in log scaling.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. We offer a competitive compensation package, including health benefits, 401k plan and vacation.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.