Log Buyer – Amherst, VA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Region: Western Virginia
Location: Amherst, VA
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position.
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States.
Key Functions: As a member of the Virginia Operations procurement staff supplying logs to 2 sawmills, you will be responsible for operation of the Amherst log yard. Reporting directly to the Procurement manager.
- purchase logs within strategic guidelines
- manage all day-to-day and administrative activities of the yard
- help maintain target inventories
- manage and promote positive supplier relationships
- personally promote and encourage a safe working environment for yourself, your fellow employees, suppliers, and contractors.
- 3-5 years of practical log procurement experience preferred. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry a plus.
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work a long, flexible schedule mostly outdoors.
- Capable of working both in a team environment and alone with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong commitment to personal, team, and supplier/contractor safety.
- Strong skills in problem solving, ability to work through conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships.
- Heavy equipment experience a plus
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long-term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications should submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.