Log Accounting Manager
Log Accounting Manager
Location: Buena Vista, VA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, RV and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. Our operations include sawmills, concentration yards, and remanufacturing plants throughout the United States. We are looking for a high performing Log Accounting Manager to join our team.
Principle Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Primarily responsible for the Appalachian Region Log and Timber Accounting (including management of lump sum timber contracts, logger/hauler payments, insurance certificates, road bonds, and processing log sales).
- Prepare monthly accounting transactions, including journal entries, log and timber balance sheet account reconciliations and log cost variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation, review and analysis of internal financial statements for both log procurement and log sales teams.
- Direct supervision of log accounting team for Southern and Northern Appalachian Regions.
- Dotted line supervision of Western and Glacial Region log accountants ensuring enterprise wide log accounting accuracy and process consistency.
- Manage accounting for Eastern Log Sales business (inventory, sales, reporting).
- Become the super user and business lead on our log accounting system (LIMS).
- Various ad-hoc projects and analysis as requested by VP Finance, CFO and COO.
- Provide timely and accurate log reporting and analysis to operations leadership.
- Travel to other NWH sawmills to review log accounting processes and accuracy.
- Continue to look for and implement log and timber accounting efficiency improvements.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant accounting experience (minimum 5 years in supervisory roles).
- Four-year Accounting degree required.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, customer focused and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to focus on achieving key results.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong aptitude of financial systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.