IT Technician – Grand Rapids, MI
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
This is a Full Time, Exempt position
Number of Openings: 1
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a world class candidate to join our team. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, the IT technician position provides front line support for all IT users in the company. The position handles help desk tickets and triages issues to resolution. This may include installing, modifying and making minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, printer drivers, new user set up and provides technical advice and support to system users on a wide range of applications including all business systems as well as Microsoft, and reporting products.
Manages IT user issues to resolution through the defined business ticketing system. As a member of the help desk services staff, responds to IT user issues on site or over the phone for users. Investigates error messages and determines resolution. Other items may include:
- New User set-up
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards and printers.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Reinstalls program or replaces files that are causing errors.
- Responds to network log on issues. Investigates appropriate areas of potential problem and determines resolution.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
3-5 days of travel per month in the regional area (WI, MI)
- High School Diploma
- Two years of relevant work experienceRequires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Requires experience with personal computer equipment.
- Must have advanced personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, database and Windows skills.
- Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long term disability, paid vacation/holidays, mileage reimbursement and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.