IT Systems Administrator – Tacoma, WA
IT Systems Administrator
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Tacoma, WA
This is a Full Time, Exempt position
Number of Openings: 1
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a world class candidate to join our team. This position reports directly to the Senior Systems Administrator.
Under limited supervision, the Systems Administrator provides support of 3rd Party applications for users. Performs systems administration activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
This position is one of several based in the IT department. Individual should have a broad-base understanding of business applications and support. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of Windows server infrastructure including Active Directory and Group Policy; ability to write and execute Powershell scripts; superb troubleshooting abilities to troubleshoot issues from simple desktop support problems to advanced networking issues. Customer communication skills and friendly personality (this is a client facing position).
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “Other related duties as assigned”:
- Must be an excellent communicator who is detail oriented.
- Design and support highly distributed VDI environment (AWS).
- Design and support distributed network with challenging connectivity.
- Experience in a software support environment with high support call volumes and large numbers of clients and users.
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems.
- Effectively convey concepts, features, and functionality of company’s offerings in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s products through continuous study and experience.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of application systems.
- Provides direct technical support and advice for users.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests and tickets.
- Carry out diagnostic troubleshooting for users when required to resolve technical problems that involve business applications (Lumbertrack, LIMS, GP) and 3rd party programs, or hardware infrastructure. (This includes Windows Active Directory support, Group Policy, MS SQL support, DNS, hardware diagnostics, and overall performance analysis).
- Administer Cisco Meraki MX series firewalls.
- Ability to configure and manage Microsoft SCCM applications and software.
- Ability to administer Exchange/Office 365.
- Montior and configure SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Act as liaison to Vendors for escalated issues.
- Participate in onsite satellite office visits if required in order to analyze and troubleshoot technical and application issues.
- Participate in rotating 24/7 oncall.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems/Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience.
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing systems administration tasks. Some independent judgment required in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects.
- Familiar with all Windows Operation Systems (Windows 7, 10, Server 2012/2016).
- Experience working in a VDI environment preferred.
- Office 365 and/or Exchange experience is preferred.
- Must have Active Directory / Group Policy experience.
- Industry certifications are preferred but not required: Network+, Security+, MCSA, etc.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status