Import Support Specialist
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, flooring, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a candidate who is a team player and who also enjoys challenging work.
The successful candidate for this position will interface directly with purchasing, sales, customs brokers, warehouse locations and truckers to ensure cost effective and seamless routing of shipments to designated locations
- Responsible for monitoring shipments as they depart the foreign port.
- ISF submitted timely and accurately.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with assigned locations by using pro-active communication and providing timely and accurate information.
- Follow all shipments through to final delivery.
- Review weekly reports for exceptions or arrival discrepancies.
- Update shipment progress and communicate updated status to sales.
- Ensure accuracy of documents provided by suppliers.
- Coordinate with import brokers on timely customs clearance.
- Process freight payables in a timely manner, send delivery notices and confirm final delivery of shipment.
- Classify HTS codes on new product requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to learn and adapt to a changing team based work environment.
- Organizational skills which include management of multiple priorities, working well under pressure, learn in a changing environment, attention to detail and excellent attendance. Computer and Software System skills required.
- Knowledge of HTS codes.
- Extensive import experience and customs knowledge preferred.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.