Forester/Log Buyer – Mill Creek, WV
Region: Southern Appalachian Hacker Valley &
Mill Creek, West Virginia
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position.
Number of Openings: 1 (Open until filled)
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States.
Key Functions: As a member of the West Virginia Operations procurement staff supplying logs to the Mill Creek and Hacker Valley sawmill, you will be responsible for coordination, planning and management of hardwood timber/log procurement and logging supervision in a multi county area. Reporting directly to the Procurement manager, you will purchase quality logs and standing timber within strategic guidelines, help maintain target inventories, manage and promote positive supplier and timber owner relationships, deal with state and federal government entities to comply with legal and applicable agency requirements, interface with the procurement team and sawmill personnel to ensure accurate and continuous supply. You will personally promote and encourage a safe working environment for yourself, your fellow employees, your suppliers and contractors.
- Forestry or Associate Forestry degree, practical timber and log procurement experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office with working knowledge of forestry related mapping and data collection hardware and software.
- Ability to work a long, flexible schedule mostly outdoors in adverse weather conditions and harsh terrain.
- Capable of working both in a team environment and alone with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong commitment to personal, team, and supplier/contractor safety.
- Strong skills in problem solving, ability to work through conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships.
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long-term disability, paid vacation/holidays, and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status