Database Administrator – Tacoma, WA
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc
Location: Tacoma, WA
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is a world-class, integrated, global supplier of wood products to the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork industries. We serve the industrial market segment worldwide. We are searching for a world class candidate to join our team. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Under the general direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Database Administrator maintains the security, integrity, and performance of the company’s transactional and reporting Microsoft SQL Server databases. This position will provide technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support Northwest Hardwood’s enterprise applications. Additional responsibilities will include reporting, architectural reviews, technology management, etc.
- Design, document, and implement development, staging and production databases for maximum performance, scalability, flexibility, and reliability.
- Review and approve all proposed changes to database schema, tables, stored procedures, user-defined functions, SSRS reports, etc.
- Analyze and recommend database improvements
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
- Collect data in order to evaluate and optimize DBMS performance.
- Monitor system resource utilization and trending for future capacity planning.
- Install, test and maintain DBMS software including patches, fixes, and version upgrades.
- Develop, manage and test database and information system backup and recovery plans.
- Design and implement processes and procedures to reduce and eliminate database outages and downtime.
- Monitor and support transactional replication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field. (Certificates will be considered in lieu of education)
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
The company provides competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package with medical and dental health care coverage, short and long term disability, paid vacation/holidays, mileage reimbursement and company matching 401 (K) retirement plan.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further. To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.